Company: Charles River Laboratories
Expected salary: $2000 per month
Location: Terrebonne, QC
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking a Veterinary Technician for our In-Vivo team located in Terrebonne, Qc.
The following are responsibilities related to the position:
- Participate, under veterinary supervision, to Charles River Animal Health Program, including but not limited to, pre-study exams, animal health follow up and periodic examinations, vaccinations, sampling, nutritional recommendations and any other procedures to prevent or improve the animal’s health and well-being;
- Act in accordance with the appropriate guidelines, regulations and SOPs, ensure the documentation and communication of health observations are transmitted to the Veterinary Services Director as well as the Study Director, document and follow their instructions, if any, for all required interventions;
- Participate in the updating of the veterinary services schedule;
- Collaborate to data revision and tabulation;
- Collaborate to the management of the inventory of veterinary services supplies;
- Select animals at the supplier’s facility before purchase;
- Assure the appropriate application of the Environmental Enrichment Program;
- Participate to the animal care staff and veterinarian technicians’ training on contention, handling, drug administration, feeding and other veterinary care procedures and techniques;
- Establish collaborative relationships with other Charles River departments to improve animal health care and welfare, as well as to guarantee accurate execution of scientific studies;
- Perform daily animal care procedures, whenever required;
- Participate in the general facility maintenance, whenever required;
- Participate as a member of Charles River Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), if required;
- Maintain and keep the portable anesthesia machine logbook up to date;
- Perform any other tasks that may be required.
- Collegial Diploma in animal health or equivalent;
- Strong practical knowledge of animal health sciences;
- Strong knowledge of job-related legislation, principles, practices and procedures;
- Strong knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
- Ability to work with multiple equipment at once;
- Reading of English is required. Bilingualism is preferable;
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change;
- Flexibility to work on changing work schedules;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of related computer applications.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com. [ad_2]
Job date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 22:18:30 GMT