Company: Estio Technology Recruitment
Expected salary: £15000 – 18000 per year
Location: West Midlands
Unique: IQ are a fantastic forward thinking, fast-growing and dynamic software development company specialising in the delivery of workforce management software solutions predominately to the Domiciliary Care, Facilities Management and commercial cleaning sectors. Unique IQ operate both nationally and internationally and place a premium on honesty, commitment and teamwork. With a solution strategically designed to support the ever-changing needs of service providers.
Estio Training have a brand new exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with Unique IQ, a fantastic Software development and solutions company.
Do you have a passion for Coding and Web Design? Would you like to learn more about Software & Web Development? You may have already been in a Software based role and looking for your next career opportunity?
Estio Training are excited to be recruiting for an Apprentice Software Developer to enrol on the Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship programme.
As a junior web developer, you will be building both internally and externally facing features alongside the senior members of the development team.
You will have the opportunity to build strong PHP and Web development experience developing either front-end or back-end applications.
Day to day duties will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Delivering well written, clean and testable code
- Taking part in team meetings and discussions to design technical solutions
- Shaping the direction of tech decisions within the team
- Supporting junior engineers through knowledge sharing and code reviews
- Ongoing communication/coordination with the client
- Enthusiasm for problem solving, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Mobile app experience in phonegap / Xamarin Forms or iOS / Android native
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly driven and ambitious.
- Experience with the Adobe software suite
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Passionate about building great products and user experiences. – Desire to work in a young and fast-growing organisation.
- Proficient experience with CMS, particularly WordPress/WooCommerce
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly
- Basic knowledge on coding
- Basic understanding of a wide range of hardware (printers, laptops, monitors, cabling etc) and software
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong assessment skills
- A passion for providing excellent customer services at all times
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Good punctually
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business
- Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately
- Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Completed a previous Level 3 IT Qualification
- A wide variety of projects – We have plenty of different systems to get stuck into: Web Applications, WebServices, API’s, a mobile app, telephony systems and much more.
- A friendly team, even if we do say so ourselves!
- Job satisfaction – Helping our clients provide a high level of care.
- Competitive salary.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position and long term career within the business.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive five weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Language
- Developing Software using SQL
To apply for this job email your details to
Register your details to receive updates from Estio
Get in touch
Leeds House, Central Park, 2 New Lane, Leeds, LS11 5DZ
Level 4 Courses
Estio Website by
Necessary Always Enabled
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Cookie Duration Description
cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics 11 months This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.
cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional 11 months The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.
cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary 11 months This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.
cookielawinfo-checkbox-others 11 months This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.
cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance 11 months This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.
Job date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 01:31:35 GMT