Expected salary: £55000 per year
Location: United Kingdom
If you are familiar with the Environmental Sector, then chances are you have heard of us. We are extremely proud of what we do – we help our clients solve some of the world’s most complex environmental challenges and provide governments, public agencies and businesses with leading analysis, advice and data. What sets us apart is our people. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. In a recent survey 93% of employees felt that collectively, everybody was committed to producing quality work. Our values include innovation, integrity, passion and respect and our employees demonstrate these every day.
We care about our staff and take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals. These include flexible working, careers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance Programme. Learning and Development of our employees is also important to us, therefore we offer all employees a personal Learning and Development plan which includes supporting you work toward or maintaining chartered status or membership to a relevant professional body.
For this role we are looking for candidate with:
- Strong technical Natural Capital and Net Gain understanding (including biodiversity net gain) and associated UK policy and guidance both with the water sector and planning;
- A background in ecology with applied environmental economics knowledge (noting we have a team of wider economist to draw upon) and;
- Excellent business development skills with drive and ambition to grow these key areas.
We are seeking a person with a technical background in Natural Capital and Net Gain as well as wider planning of current and forecasted regulations and opportunities to help us grow our approaches (commensurate with UK national water regulatory guidance) and remain the leading consultancy in Natural Capital and Biodiversity Net Gain, as well as support wider sectors.
You will mentor junior staff, manage projects and provide technical direction for project assessments, plus the coordination of associated surveys, consultation and mitigation in support of our clients’ proposals and operations. You will demonstrate strong technical expertise, experience of winning work and show an aptitude and enthusiasm to develop business opportunities and ideas in our water practice and through working across other areas of the business.
Key competencies and experience:
The below list is not necessarily exclusive and we are willing to discuss applications from candidates who are particularly strong in certain areas, but who may not meet all the criteria listed below.
Ideally you will already be working at a senior level, with experience within commercial consultancy. As such, you will ideally have experience of undertaking business development, preparing quotes and tenders, and building client relationships. You will be a technical expert and capable of writing accurate and concise technical reports.
You will have:
- Bachelors in Environmental Sciences and/or a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Knowledge of applied environmental economics
- Knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques
- Consultancy experience or strong understanding of how consultancies operate
- Experience leading projects from a technical perspective
- Knowledge of the UK water industry including Water Resource Management, Legislative Frameworks and Policy Position Statements
- Project management and client interface experience
- A clean, full driving licence
- Ability and ambition to generate new business areas and drive forward innovative approaches
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Ability to mentor and support junior members of the team
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require any support with your application, please contact email@example.com. [ad_2]
Job date: Sat, 22 May 2021 05:19:29 GMT