Company: Pennon Group
Expected salary: £40000 per year
We currently have a position available for a motivated individual to join our team as a Security Operations Analyst in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 – £40,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted – We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative – We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible – We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive – We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
About the role of Security Operations Analyst:
Reporting to the Security Design Manager the role will focus on ensuring that the organisation’s systems are available and resilient, as well as monitor and investigate activities relevant to Information Security Policy & Guidelines.
Responsibilities as our Security Operations Analyst include:
– Monitoring and responding to threats against the organisation’s information assets
– Monitoring and disseminating external guidance on IT security issues, standards, technologies and services and industry alerts and warnings
– Monitoring IT system audit and security logs, staff network activity logs, and intrusion system detection logs to ensure systems and their usage remain compliant
– Performing threat management, threat modelling, identifying threat vectors and developing use cases for security monitoring
– Investigating and reporting on IT security incidents and breaches of IT Security policies, working alongside IT and business teams to respond to and resolve
– Conducting internal reviews, assessments and audits on internal security and usage policies against legal obligations
– Promoting awareness of and positive practices around the Information Security Policy and security ‘culture’
– The management, administration & maintenance of security devices under the management of the Information Security function
– Assisting with any evaluations and implementations of technical security solutions for compliance to current information security standards and policies
– Liaising with vendors and suppliers to select the products or services that best meet company goals and recommending additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security
What we are looking for in our Security Operations Analyst:
– Educated to degree level standard or able to demonstrate working to degree level
– Ability to complete UK Government Security Clearance (SC) process successfully
– Extensive and broad-based IT and business experience, delivering diverse corporate and operational IT services in a medium/large organisation
– Familiarity of ITIL and PRINCE2 project governance or equivalent
– In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management and incident management
– Knowledge of organisational IT/OT applications, databases, operating systems to address security threats against the same
Closing date: Thursday 29th July 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Security Operations Analyst – we look forward to receiving your application.
Job date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:19:40 GMT