Company: Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
Expected salary: $30.58 – 31.17 per hour
Location: Orillia, ON
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) is located in the City of Orillia – a beautiful community nestled along the shores of Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching. Orillia offers an environment where a health work/life balance is easy to achieve as exceptional urban amenities, natural resources, points of interest, and recreational opportunities abound.
People have always been OSMH’s greatest strength. Our committed team has helped our community for over a century. We offer an environment where each individual works interdependently towards common goals: we value Trust, Courage and Teamwork. We are an organization where individuals’ contributions are valued and there are many opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Registered Practical Nurse is primarily responsible for providing care to patients on the Way Home Unit but may be reassigned as organizational needs arise. The RPN in this role may be deployed within the community to support our home visiting program (OSMH at Home) as needed. This is an exciting opportunity for RPN’s to participate in the vision of Ontario Health Care within OSMH. This role would encompass the following:
- Visits patients in their own home as assigned
- Follows care plans and ensures the provision of patient-focused care
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual support
- Provides medication administration as needed
- Any additional tasks as identified on patient care plan
- Head to Toe Assessments
- Wound Care
- Ostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Drain Care
- Medication Injections
- Education re bowel management, incontinence, coping strategies, and risk mitigation.
- Current certificate of competence to practice as a R.P.N. in Ontario required.
- Successful completion of a Physical Assessment course, Medication Administration course,
- Demonstrated ability to work at full Scope of Practice required.
- A minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an acute care setting and or LTC setting is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year medical/surgical experience within the past five (5) years, working
- Preference given to candidates who have recent experience caring for Renal patients.
- Must be prepared and able to work within a variety of fast-paced, highly stressful
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible in order to work efficiently and
- Must be able to meet the physical and emotional responsibilities of the job. Physically able
- Strong critical thinking skills and motivated by changing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and maintain excellent attendance and performance
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a
- It is a requirement that every member of the WayHome Unit is available for all shifts.
Our Employees Enjoy
- a professional practice environment
- a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
- wellness initiatives
- continuing education grants
- employee recognition and assistance programs
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is committed to diversity and equity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace.
Accomodation in the Workplace
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
OSMH is committed to providing a safe, healthy and supportive working environment by treating team members and patients with compassion accountability respect and engagement.
All team members must adhere to OSMH’s Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and protocols, as well as the duties of workers as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Team members must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position which may include cognitive and physical demands.
As a condition of employment, new employees are required to complete an employment health assessment and must be cleared by the Occupational Health and Safety Team prior to orientation.
OSMH is a minimal fragrance workplace. We kindly ask all applicants to refrain from using scented products should they have the occasion to interview with the hospital. As a condition of employment OSMH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation and evidence of course completion. It is also a condition of employment that all new employees will be required to present an original vulnerable sector check within 90 days of commencing employment and must sign an Offense Declaration upon receipt of an offer of employment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online before 11:59 pm on the posting close date. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 02:11:57 GMT