Company: Bow Valley College
Expected salary: $51504 – 69576 per year
Location: Calgary, AB
Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. We have locations across southern Alberta helping 17,000 learners each year. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
The Office of the Registrar & Enrolment Services is looking to hire a project Records Officer for a one-year temporary position. Preference will be given current, internal staff of Bow Valley College.
Working in the Office of the Registrar and Enrollment Services in the Records Unit, the Records Officer is main liaison for all daily operations and issues with departments and other functional units relating to students official records and is responsible for generating reports and processing official requests to the students’ records as defined by academic and college policy. This position works with Records Assistants to process student requests, issue Official Student Documents (Transcripts and Parchments), and general maintenance of student records.
Coordination and General Responsibilities – 40%
- Main point of contact for any issues relating to official students record management.
- Ensure data integrity of student information and assists in developing processes, procedures and improvement projects to ensure overall compliance of college policy and procedures as it relates to student record management.
- Ensure specific timelines, requests and deadlines are met for departments, students and reporting agencies.
- Assign workflow as needed to meet deadlines and requirements on a daily basis.
- Key department contact and works with departments to trouble shoot and solve complex issues, referring exceptional cases to the Assistant Registrar Recruitment and Registration Services.
- Accountable for all work completed within the unit and is responsible for all day to day activities.
- Advise, consult, work other teams and Records Administrators in the Office of the Registrar and other College Departments about best practices, ensures data integrity and is responsible for official student record management within the unit.
- Promote best practices in terms of records retention and scanning practices to the learner’s record.
- Other related duties as assigned by Assistant Registrar.
- Responsible for insuring data integrity, accuracy and completeness of student records within the SIS and works with the Office of the Registrar and other departments to ensure data integrity and accuracy including but not limited to:
- Process all Official FOIP requests (CPS, Gov’t Agencies, etc.).
- Process official grade changes submitted by the department and follow up with departments about missing grades.
- Merge duplicate records and or files.
- Work with departments, staff members and records administrators to ensure final grade submissions are completed and follows up with appropriate staff members in relation to Grade Submissions, PLAR, Pre-requisite checking and official grade change requests.
- Responsible for working with the Office of Institutional Analysis to ensure data integrity in the system. Work with Registrar’s Office Staff members to ensure proper data entry and completion of all student records.
- Work on and prepares unique student request for information such as confirmation and status letters and/ or documentation as requested by the student and or third party organizations.
- Accountable for the final processing of all graduation and completion paperwork. Verifies work completed by administrations has final authority to graduate students in the student information system. Has the final authority before issuance of Official college parchments and certificates.
- Work with the departments and Registrar’s Office Staff members to ensure accuracy of information and preparing reports for appropriate departments and functional areas.
- Responsible for generating inactive and active student reports every term, coordinating and processing workflow and preparing goals on SIS for online registration and closing students whose status is deemed “inactive” as defined by the continuance and graduation policy.
- Responsible for generating 3/5 limit reports of students goal to ensure alignment with the Continuance and graduation policy.
- Responsible for generating probation reports and ensuring data integrity to ensure department initiated program withdrawal requests such as; Withdrawals for unsatisfactory Academic performance, Learner Code of Conduct, overdue fees, etc. are completed accurately.
- Is the key department contact for all requests relating to Probations and Withdrawals for departments and works with them to ensure completeness and accuracy of information and ensures that all communication has been sent to students.
- In addition is responsible for any changes to the students record including, grade changes, PLAR, late withdrawals and withdrawal failures.
- Responsible for ensuring ICare data entry is completed for every term and that deadlines are met. Works in coordination with department contacts and Registrar’s Office staff members to ensure compliance and completeness of records.
- Prepare and issue grade submissions for all CEFL learners to Alberta Advanced Education.
- Works, prepares, assists in any ad hoc student reporting as needed or required by the Office of the Registrar including reports needed for regular business activities and/or as defined by learner policies (i.e. Academic Continuance and Graduation policy). Works in coordination with ITS, Business Systems and OERS Leadership team to ensure integrity of reports, identifies and troubleshoots issues and works to resolve these issues in a timely manner.
- Accountable for all final drafts of reports prior to distribution to other areas of the college. Reviews parameters, performs verification and spot checks to ensure complete accuracy of information.
- 2 years of experience in record maintenance and management
- Post Secondary Diploma
- Combination of education and experience may be considered
- Advanced working knowledge of student information systems and working within a post-secondary environment
- Previous Experience and General understanding of Electronic Record management, maintenance, knowledge and best practices within a Post-Secondary Environment, preferred but not required
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong ability to work within a Collaborative team environment
- Ability to understand, interpret and prepare reports and working knowledge of database systems
- Solid understanding of document management and retention strategies
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
Bow Valley College is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community. We welcome applications from qualified candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees including, but not limited to, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Minimum Education Requirements
BVC CALGARY – CA (Primary)
FTE Per Individual (%)
$51,504 – $69, 576 [ad_2]
Job date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 05:09:43 GMT