Expected salary: £20748 – 22932 per year
Thorpe Hall Hospice, Peterborough, PE3 6LW
25 Hours per week, Monday – Friday 9:30-14:30
£20,748 – £22,932 Per annum, pro rata, depending on experience
Be there when it matters
There has never been a more important time to provide high quality, specialist
end-of-life care to support patients and their families.
Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice is the only specialist palliative care inpatient unit in Peterborough. We provide care and support for people who are living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families.
About the role
We are looking for a Medical Secretary to join our team at Thorpe Hall Hospice.
This is an exciting and varied role working within an established team based at Sue Ryder, Thorpe Hall Hospice. You will be a team player, friendly, approachable and used to a busy environment supporting our consultants and clinical team where necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Production of documentation using word processing and other software including clinical software packages
- Maintenance of diaries for teams and booking meeting/training rooms
- Dealing with telephone enquiries as appropriate
- Co-ordination of meetings
- Maintenance of filing system
- Take accurate and concise minutes of meetings
- Work efficiently at an advanced level with spreadsheets to provide accurate reports of service activity
- To maintain the clinical software packages by registering referrals, inputting and retrieving information and providing cover for absence
- Using audio tape and from written documents undertake the typing of patient assessment pathways, death and discharge summaries, outpatient clinic letters, general correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, leaflets, handouts and powerpoint presentations
Experience & Skills
- Excellent IT skills & Audio skills
- Experience of SystmOne
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing including shorthand
- Excellent telephone manner and listening skills, dealing with enquiries, determining urgency, deciding/advising on course of action and taking messages
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday – rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays (Pro rata)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
If you want more than just a job, We want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search. [ad_2]
Job date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 07:19:44 GMT