Company: City of Mississauga
Expected salary: $72088 – 96120 per year
Location: Mississauga, ON
Req ID: 18895
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 09/22/2021
Examine and approve, where appropriate, applications for building permits, certificates of occupancy, site plan approvals, pre-development, condominium registration and payment-in-lieu of parking to determine the zoning designation of the property and adjacent lands. Ensure proper interpretation of the City of Mississauga Zoning By-Law and provide written correspondence. Educate regarding the Zoning By-Law and provide support to internal/external clients/customers on zoning related issues. Approve applications where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate submitted drawings and documents and establish what approvals are required from other departments and/or government agencies and, if appropriate, authorize zoning approval.
- Conduct on-site inspections with Compliance & Licensing staff to ensure existing uses are in compliance with the Zoning By-Law prior to condominium registration.
- Evaluate and analyze draft Zoning By-Laws, and prepare recommendations on specific wording for the draft By-Law based on the Planner’s intent
- Examine requests for clearances regarding restrictions registered on title for a property and, if appropriate, authorize approval.
- Respond to zoning inquiries and provide information, guidance and advice to general public, internal staff, external agencies and members of Council.
- Provide technical support as the “zoning expert” for permit administration staff and provide information, education, guidance and advice to clients/customers. This is done on a rotational basis at the Customer Service Centre counter.
- Participate in Tribunal Hearings (Committee of Adjustment and Ontario Municipal Board).
- Ensure proper interpretation of the City of Mississauga Zoning By-Law.
- Responsible to ensure fees are paid to Development Services prior to issuance of a building permit.
- Comply with relevant City policies.
- Provide ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team.
- Degree or Diploma in Urban Planning, Architectural Science/Technology, Civil Engineering Technology
- 3 to 5 years directly related experience in a municipal environment.
- Successful completion of a technical examination program administered and authorized by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, (i.e. certification by the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) or certification by the Association of Architectural Technologist of Ontario (AATO).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, zoning software applications.
- Exposure to computer keyboards and screens. Reading detailed legal documents and zoning by-law material. Primarily office environment with occasional site visits.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 72,088.00 – $ 96,120.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: P&B/Planning & Building Dept , P&B/Building Division , Zoning Examination
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. [ad_2]
Job date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 22:44:00 GMT