Company: ASC Connections
Expected salary: £14 – 15 per hour
Location: Kingswinford, West Midlands
A hugely successful, world class manufacturing business is hiring for an experienced CNC Programmer to join the business. Due to continued growth and a number of internal promotions, a role in the machining department has been created.
The company are long established within the black country for over 30 years. Specializing the manufacture of products for the oil & gas industry. They pride themselves on manufacturing high-quality components using the latest technology and a machine shop boasting a range of machinery. They’ve got a very low turnover of staff, coupled with long-standing relationships with blue-chip companies globally.
Benefits include an hourly rate £14 – £15 p/h depending on experience, shift allowance for evenings, overtime paid at Time & 1/3 Weekday, Time & Half Saturday, 31 days holiday, company pension and various other benefits.
Working hours are 40hrs per week from 2:30pm – 1am Monday to Thursday
Role and responsibilities include –
- Programming of 2 & 3 axis CNC Turning Lathes using FANUC controls
- Writing new programmes long hand at the machine using FANUC G&M code
- Editing, modifying and adjusting of pre written offline programmes, ready for machine setup
- First off part inspection using measuring equipment, before issuing to QC for final pass off
- Producing one off and small batch parts from stainless, mild, aluminium, brass and plastics
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to CNC programmes to reduce scrap, waste, cycle time and tool life
– Ability to write new programmes using FANUC G&M code
– A strong background in CNC turning
– Confident with high-frequency setups for 1 off and small batch manufacture
– Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
– Flexibility towards overtime when required
This is a genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem-solving within a team environment. With extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong teamwork ethics so that each member of the team supports the next one.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Job date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 22:21:43 GMT