Company: Acis Group
Expected salary: £21014 per year
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire – Sheffield
Location : Other, United Kingdom Role overview
Who are Acis?
We provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives.
We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day.
This includes homes for affordable rent, homes for students and homes for older people. We even develop new homes to help people get on the property ladder.
And we have a distinct way of doing all this. Everything we do is for our customers. We think positively, we try to say ‘yes’ more often, we work collaboratively, we try to overcome any barriers placed in our way, we encourage innovation and, in simple terms, get things done. This is called The Acis Way.
Want to know more about The Acis Way? Visit our website or check out our LinkedIn page.
As an Assistant Accountant, a typical day might include:
- Providing transaction processing and financial analysis support to the finance team
- Supporting the monthly review of the financial performance of the group, including performing analysis of variances against budgets and production of management reports.
- Preparing and inputting ledger journals as required, ensuring the accuracy of reported inclme and expenditure.
- Assisting with monthly reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts and resolution of queries arising.
- Assisting in the collection, analysis and reconciliation of the annual service charges.
- Assisting with the monitoring of those financial transactions for the group entities which are carried out within the group or by commercial partners and ensuring compliance with agreed contractual terms.
- Applying your strong technical knowledge of accounting to deliver amazing outcomes for our customers.
- Maintaining the short-term cash flow forecast based on a combination of known cash in/out flow timings and reasonable assumptions and liaising with business colleagues as required to inform this work.
- Meeting with your stakeholders to plan, prioritise and support on financial queries.
The way you work
You’ll be part of our amazing team doing your thing in The Acis Way:
- You have the drive to do what’s right, putting our customers first in all that you do and challenging things that are wrong or need changing.
- You work closely with colleagues, connecting across our different teams, never working in silos and always sharing good practice.
- You own your work, supporting others to do the same. When you find problems, you provide solutions, encouraging new ways of working and an agile mindset. You don’t play the blame game.
- A great standard of education, Leve 3 AAT as a minimum
- Numerate with the ability to process financial information and transactions
- Customer focused and a good ambassador for the business
- A solid all-round communicator who is able to show assertiveness when required
- Good IT skills which are used to support individual performance
- Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career. You’ll be helping to bring real change to our customers’ lives.
- A person who has the potential to develop with the business
- Experience of using IT systems including Microsoft Office
- Experience of working within a medium sized corporate entity or equivalent business environment.
- An individual who takes interest in broader business performance and who identifies ways in which they can contribute to it
- You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working.
- You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience.
- We’re committed to our vision of creating better homes, better services and better lives for our customers.
- We demonstrate behaviours which are in line with our core values of being honest, positive, and ambitious.
- We ensure all aspects of our work are in line with our customer-first focus – internal and external.
- We uphold our commitment to equality and diversity.
- We’re aware of our personal responsibilities regarding the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure our Health and Safety policy is adhered to in all aspects of our work.
- We treat all data with respect, ensuring we only use it for the correct purpose and is handled safely and securely.
- We promote and achieve Value for Money (VfM) across the organisation.
- You’ll work from our head office at Acis House in Gainsborough OR Parkway Works in Sheffield. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role.
- We’re working for our customers between 7am and 7pm Monday – Friday. Most people are here from 8.30am to 5pm (4.30pm on a Friday), but we’re flexible so talk to your line manager to find out the best fit.
- You’ll work 37 hours each week. We offer flexi-time, so talk to your line manager for more details.
- You’ll get:
o An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%.
o The opportunity to undertake professional training, funded by us.
- This role requires no DBS check, but we may request you undertake a relevant DBS check in the future a basic DBS.
- We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence would be great to have but isn’t required for this role.
- We like to be smart and safe, so you’ll need to wear smart office clothing
- We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of people such as; other team members, managers and directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other organisations and so on.
- Your staff handbook and your employment contract has much more details. For more information, speak to your line manager or People Services.
Where a role has different types, the business may at any time ask you to perform the duties of another role type, provided you have the relevant training and skills.
Acis are committed to equality and diversity, are a proud member of disability confident and welcome applications from any applicant who feel they hold the essential skills to fulfil the role. We recognise that people need flexibility in their role and we’re happy to discuss flexible working options with the successful candidate.
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Fixed Term Contract
Job date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 04:26:19 GMT